Tuesday, February 13, 2024

My Film Distribution Project

     Before being assigned the portfolio project, I worked on a film distribution project to help me prepare and practice for this portfolio project. I was put into a group with two of my classmates and given a story made up by the creative writing class in my school. We were assigned to create a teaser and trailer for a romantic and fantastical movie. 

     The title of the film is Red Thread and it is about a teenage girl, Amira, who wakes up one summer morning just like any other, only to find a thin, red string tied to her pinkie. No matter what she does, she does not manage to cut or pry it off! Eventually, she calls her mother to ask about it, only to learn a few rules of the apparent family 'curse'...

1. The string leads to your soulmate

2. No one else can see it

3. It will only go away once you meet your lover.


After receiving this storyline, we sketched and created a storyboard, and then got to filming. I volunteered in my group to play the main character, Amira. My two other group members came over to my house this past weekend and we filmed all our content in two hours. It was fun to film and it really helped me get ready for the portfolio project. I will attach one of the trailers below for you guys to watch and enjoy!




In my next posting, Riley and I will work on a timeline for our project. See you then!


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...