Monday, March 4, 2024

Group Meeting

 Happy Monday everyone! It is officially the start of week four. 

In class today, I met with six peers and we all got to discuss our portfolio projects and where we are all at in our production processes. I enjoyed meeting with them because they all gave me helpful advice and I was able to express my ideas with others. 

I noticed that we are all struggling with time management and creating an engaging social media presence. We all came together and gave each other advice and ideas on how to maintain our time efficiently and posts that would work well with each of our social media pages. I expressed to my peers that I was feeling behind and unorganized with my project, but when they also discussed their struggles with me I felt better and that we were all in the same boat.

Some helpful suggestions they gave me for my Instagram page and in general for my project were:

- Create a meet-the-characters post 

- Take still shots of the “parallel timelines” from the ancient camera 

- Create a banner post on Instagram (like photos that connect altogether when looking at the overall feed)

- Set due dates for me and my partner to start filming and creating a script this week and next week

- Bloopers/behind-the-scenes for Instagram towards the end of the project


My group today



After our group meetings, I asked Riley about her experience, and she got some helpful feedback, especially about trailers. Her group suggested making the first trailer focus on background information. The second trailer would then be packed with details about what happens with the camera—essentially, the first one narrates how the protagonist discovers the camera, while the second explores its powers and consequences.

I'm excited about these suggestions because they can make our project better. Look out for updates on storyboarding! Bye for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...