Thursday, March 14, 2024

Print Component Research

Hi everyone! Sick of me yet? I am back with another posting for this week. This post will be on thinking about the print component of our project. 

On Monday, we had a lesson on the print component of the portfolio project and I learned a lot about the key art poster. Here are some notes I gathered from the lesson: 

Film Promo- Poster

  • Choices dictated by the distribution plan

  • Main key art for marketing 


  • Theatrical release 

  • title 

  • key art 

  • production credits 

  • tagline 


  • Streaming release 

  • multiple thumbnails w/key art

  • title 

  • few production credits


Following this lesson, I was excited to get started on the poster. Riley and I won't start working on it until week seven of the project, so for now we are just doing research and brainstorming. Since we're planning a streaming release rather than a theatrical one, I looked at thumbnails from a Netflix original movie, The Adam Project. 






I knew that when you see small pictures representing shows or movies on streaming platforms, they don't always just use the main poster image. Sometimes they use a picture from an actual scene in the show or movie. For example, the thumbnails from scenes in The Adam Project. I think these pictures really capture the essence of the movie and make people want to watch it.






This is the poster for the show Manifest. It has a tagline, title, and where you can watch it. I like how these posters focus more on the main picture than the title. Now we just need to pick the right picture to use for our poster.

Bye for now!






No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...