Sunday, February 12, 2023

Starting the Process


On Friday, I was introduced to what seems to be a big, well thought out and long project. At this point, we have only been introduced to the elements and components of the project and the main task at hand. I am going to be updating my blog several times a week with my thoughts and ideas on how I will complete this project. As I begin, various thoughts are running through my mind as I try to narrow down how to even decide what I want to create. I am asking myself questions such as: What genre of film should I create? Romantic? Comedy? Adventure? Thriller? Coming of age? There are so many genres to pick from that I need to really think about which one would help me create the best film opening and allow me to express my ideas. I will brainstorm by watching several of my favorite films and hoping they will give me inspiration. After watching some movies, I will review my ideas to see what would work best. I think this will help me narrow down to see which genre works best with my thoughts. As I think about this long term project, running over seven weeks, I will try not to be overwhelmed and will concentrate on each task as it comes due. Come join me on this ride and see where it takes us! Stay tuned for what genre and idea I will choose.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...