Wednesday, February 22, 2023

The Outline

 Hi everyone! It is officially week three of my project. I am excited to get started on storyboarding, outlining, and planning my filming schedule. I have decided on the official name of my film, it will be named “The String”. In this blog post, I will focus on my outline for my film opening. I will divide my opening into four parts and create a list of possible scenes and shots I want to be included.


First part

- Three different locations of a hand knocking on three different front doors 

- Three boxes being delivered to all of the locations

- The front doors opening, but no faces of the characters are shown yet

- Each character picks up their box and bring it inside their house 


Second part

- Each character leaves box unopened at first, all go on with their day by celebrating their birthday

- Each character is seen blowing out their birthday cake candles (18)

- After they all grab their boxes, they look at it and contemplate opening it or not


Third part

- Sophia Davis will open her box and discover a short red string

- Olivia Wilson will choose to not open the box and throw it away

- Amelia Taylor will open her box and find a long red string


Fourth part

- We will see how each character reacts to this mysterious box

- Title of the film and credits will pop up

- One quick scene will occur after the credits are finished


This outline is general ideas that I want to be included in my film opening. In my next blog post I will include a storyboard of all the scenes and shots I want to incorporate in my opening. Logging off now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...