Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Searching for the Right Score

      Hey blog! My project is moving along fast and I am preparing to take the next steps necessary. Even though I am not done with the actual production process, I am thinking in advance and researching some scores I can use in my opening. My film opening has no dialogue, so the story heavily relies on the background music.

     To start off, I researched some copyright free music on YouTube. I had to make sure all the scores I checked out were at least two minutes long. I searched royalty-free sci-fi music and discovered a playlist with twenty different sounds. 



I thoroughly went through the playlist and saved my favorite sounds to my "liked videos" folder. Later on, I will choose from those favorites and narrow it down to one. 



Additionally, I found a website called bensound.com that provides free music that is also copyright free. I was able to filter my search for a score to film suspenseful tracks. This made it much easier to navigate the website and find the scores I want. I went through the tracks and favorited the ones I may be able to use in my opening.




I have found some great music that I can possibly use in my film opening and I will update you when I pick the one. Bye for now!

Sources: 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...