Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Social Media Research

Hey everyone! It's week three! I am starting to think of the social media aspect of my project, so I did some research on other science fiction/fantasy movies' social media pages. Here is what I discovered and analyzed about three productions similar to my portfolio project: 

Everything Everywhere All At Once

Instagram account

The Instagram page features a mix of content, including high-quality stills from the film, teaser trailers, exclusive behind-the-scenes footage, interviews with cast and crew, fan art, and interactive elements like polls and Q&As. 

The branding is carefully designed to match the film’s style. The colors, pictures, and captions all fit the mysterious and adventurous feel of the film. This gives the page a strong and consistent brand image.

After seeing the Everything Everywhere At All Once Instagram page, I want to make my social media presence similar. I’ll post different kinds of stuff like pictures, fun things to do, and sneak peeks behind the scenes. I want people to really like what I share. Also, I’ll make sure everything looks and feels the same, like using the same colors and style, so it all fits together. Just like the movie’s Instagram, I want my followers to feel like they’re part of something interesting when they see my posts.


Don’t Look Up

Twitter account

The Twitter page included posts promoting the movie’s release date, exclusive photos and videos offering a sneak peek into the making of the film, polls, Q&A sessions, and hashtag campaigns to engage the audience. It also retweeted positive fan reviews, reactions, and interactions with the cast and crew.

The branding is developed through consistent use of the movie’s key visual elements- the movie poster, the comet icon, and a color scheme that matches the film’s tone. The tone is a mix of seriousness about the film’s subject and light-heartedness, reflecting the film’s satirical nature.

By looking at the Twitter page, I see how important it is to keep things consistent. I’ll make sure my posts have a similar look so that my profile has a clear and recognizable style. I’ll also interact with my followers by sharing things like polls and answering questions to create a community. 


Last Night in Soho

TikTok account

The TikTok page features a variety of engaging and dynamic content. It includes teaser trailers, behind-the-scenes footage, interviews with the cast and crew, snippets of the film’s soundtrack, and creative challenges related to the movie. The content aims to capture the attention of a younger audience by using TikTok’s popular formats, like short clips, duets, and challenges.

The page has a consistent look with the movie’s logo, colors, and themes. It keeps a mysterious and interesting element that matches the movie’s style. By using trendy TikTok styles and challenges, the page connects the movie with what’s popular on the platform. This makes the movie more relatable and relevant to the audience.

To make my own mark on social media. I’d learn from the Last Night in Soho page. I’d make sure my profile looks consistent and stands out by using the same logo, colors, and themes. Joining in on the latest trends would help me connect with more people. I’d mix things up by sharing not just promotional content, but also behind-the-scenes and engaging videos. I can match my style with what people like on the platform, all while staying true to myself and being creative.

All these productions gave me good insight and ideas on what I want to include in my social media presence for my production.

See you in my next posting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...