Sunday, March 24, 2024

End of Week Six

I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but we need to start editing this week.


It's a hectic week and a half ahead, but starting the editing progress is crucial. Now that spring break has officially started, it's time to get down to business. Although my upcoming week is somewhat packed, I'll definitely carve out time for editing. I'll be away in New York from Thursday to Sunday, but I'm bringing my laptop to edit during the journey.

As I said previously, I will use iMovie to edit. Riley and I will definitely be splitting up the editing and each edit one of the trailers. To start prepping, I researched some specific iMovie techniques I can use in my trailer. Here's what I discovered:

One technique I can use is "cutting on action." This means transitioning from one shot to another at the exact moment something happens in the scene, like a character opening or closing a door. It keeps the trailer engaging and makes the action flow smoothly. Another handy tool is the "split screen" feature, which can show multiple scenes simultaneously. This can be great for highlighting different elements of the story or creating suspense by showing two events happening at once. Experimenting with these techniques can add excitement to my trailer.

Adding special effects can also take my sci-fi trailer to the next level. iMovie offers a range of effects like "Green Screen" and "Lens Flare" that can enhance the futuristic vibe of the trailer. With Green Screen, I can place my actors in any environment imaginable. Lens Flare adds a cinematic touch, making my scenes look more dynamic and polished. iMovie has a library of sound effects and music tracks that I can use to create atmosphere and build tension in my trailer.

That's it for now! See you next week for my editing process.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...