Friday, February 24, 2023

Getting the Props

Hello everyone! Today I went to some stores to buy some props from my film opening. The most important props I needed were a wooden box with a lock on it, the red string that was inside the box, and the number eighteen birthday candles. I also bought some happy birthday headbands and white sand to use as fake snow. 

The first store I went to was the Dollar Tree. I was looking for the birthday candles and birthday crowns. I could only find three number one birthday candles and no number 8 candles, so I headed to another store to find them.


Shopping in the party supplies section


Next, I headed to Hobby Lobby. This is where I found my most important props. I found a plethora of wooden boxes with locks to choose from. I bought one small and one medium size box, just so I could have options when filming. I also bought red string and white sand to use as fake snow for one of the character's settings.





Next, I headed to Publix to quickly grab the number eight candles to make eighteen. I got all the props I need for now, but I may need to buy more props, when I start actually filming my production.



     Thanks for reading! See you in my next posting!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...