Sunday, February 26, 2023

Shooting Schedule

Hey guys! Welcome back to my blog! I want to share a tentative filming schedule for my film opening. The first thing I have to consider is whether or not I want to shoot my actresses, the scenery, and/or extra footage. I have to contact each of my actresses to find a day and time that works for both of our schedules. I think it makes more sense to film the actresses first as they are in majority of the opening. Since there are three actresses, I need to identify what works out best for them.


First day of shooting: Actress #1 (Sophia)

- Medium shot of character picking up the mysterious wooden box

- Close up shot of character putting the box on her table

- Close up/pan shot of character blowing out her eighteenth birthday candles

- Long shot of character staring at the box on the table

- Point of view shot of character opening her box and discovering a short string

- Close up shot of character crying after opening her box


Second day of shooting: Actress #2 (Olivia)

- Medium shot of character picking up the mysterious wooden box

- Close up shot of character putting the box on her bed

- Close up/pan shot of character blowing out her eighteenth birthday candles

- Long shot of character staring at the box contemplating opening it or not

- Over the shoulder shot of Olivia not opening her box

- High angle character throws away her box


Third day of shooting: Actress #3 (Amelia)

- Medium shot of character picking up the mysterious wooden box

- Close up shot of character putting the box in her closet

- Close up/pan shot of character blowing out her eighteenth birthday candles

- Medium shot of Amelia opening her box and finding a long string

- Close up of Amelia smiling after opening her box


Fourth day of shooting: Additional shots

- Three different close up shots of a hand knocking on all three character’s doors

- Three different tilt shots of the wooden box to the front door opening

- Title of the film and credits 

- Following the title and credits: Tilt shot of mysterious man with no face in the frame, dropping off a box 


I approximate the filming will take about four days, but will leave myself an extra day or two for unexpected circumstances. I plan to be flexible with this shooting schedule. See you in my next post! Bye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...