Friday, March 24, 2023

Editing Time

 Hey everyone! Welcome back to my blog. I am officially done with filming! It is time to start the post production process. 

    I added all of my clips to the app iMovie on my laptop and edited the clips on this software. All the clips combined were over four minutes and thirty seconds, which was a problem, since my film opening could only be a maximum of two minutes long. 




      I went through each clip individually and took out whatever parts were not necessary or didn’t add to the story. I also took out some clips when the actor was not ready to begin or when they were looking directly at the camera when they should've!

After going through all of the clips, I was able to cut it down to two minutes and thirty seconds.  I knew that I still had to take some scenes out. I was able to delete some full scenes that I thought did not have any relevance. 

When my opening finally came down to two minutes and two seconds, I was good to go. I came to a decision and chose a sound from YouTube, that I blogged about previously. I was able to convert the audio from YouTube to a MP3 on an online website converter. The score is three minutes long and is able to run the whole film opening. 

     The next step to finishing my opening is to find fonts for my credit and title scenes. I’ll update everyone when I do! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...