Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Editing:

Hi everyone! I am currently writing this at 36,000 feet high in the sky, I am on my way to New York City. 


Since my last posting, I am almost done editing the trailer. I just have to add some final touches to the clips and add in the credits and release date of the film. I am not sure if I want to put the credits and release date at the beginning or end of the trailer. I’ll do both and see what looks better. Surprisingly it was much easier to edit than I thought it would be. I finally see Riley and I’s vision for our project coming alive. 


When editing the last few clips, where Olivia (Abby) is transported into the 2020 COVID-19 alternate timeline I tested out the iMovie filters to use to make the footage differentiate from the rest of the clips. After testing out a few of them, I decided on the filter named Camo. Here’s what it looks like in the trailer so far: 






Moving on, it is time to start thinking about audio. Since I did a sci-fi movie trailer last year for the portfolio project I have already used and researched music that I think could work in this trailer too. I would have to go back to my audio files from last year, implement them in the trailer, and see what works best. I also want to include some sound effects, possibly the sound of a camera shuttering, a clock ticking, and maybe some Foley as well. I will test all of this out soon and update you all on how it goes and what sounds I decide to utilize. 


See you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Critical Reflection

Creating a film, especially within the sci-fi genre, involves a complex process that spans from conceptualization to promotion. Over nine we...